Monday, 18 December 2006

Watermael-Boitsford, Bruxelles, Belgium

Bonjour,
Well, here Ruth and I are in Belgium at my brother's place at the end of autumn. The trees are shedding the last of their leaves. Whilst the best colours have passed, the leaves are still bright yellows, oranges and browns, with only a little green remaining. By four in the afternoon the light is fading fast and by six night has fallen. Even when the sun is shining, there is a chill in the air. Although we have not yet seen snow. The drizzle and rain have cleared since Ruth arrived on the Sunday(26th of November).

I have spent much of my time here helping Kimon and Mari Lu prepare the new house that they had planned on moving into. We all got news earlier this week that there had to be more work done to the new house before moving in and the land lady may not be interested in doing that work so the preparation work that Kimon and I where doing may have been for nothing.

Ruth and I have walked in the Beech forest that is visible from both the new and old houses. I love just standing there amongst the huge trees. Although most of the forest is Beech, there are also Oak, Silver Birch and several types of pines.

Yesterday we walked for several kilometers in the city taking in the amazing buildings and enjoying the sunshine. Our walk took us from the suburb we are staying in, Boitsford-Watermael, to Montgomery.
Although we caught a tram back as we were thoroughly stuffed. Ruth seems to think we were lost. My version of that is we knew where we were, only it wasn't where we wanted to be. Never the less, we saw many interesting things including some of the largest 19th century buildings I have ever seen.

We plan to leave for Germany around the 6th so until Germany,
Au revoir
Oliver and Ruth.

No comments: