As always, Belgium was green and we even got a bit of snow.
Kimon organised a great day of paint ball with us and all his friends.
Not sure if the distinct lack of bruising was due to the thick over-alls or the guns being lower powered but I can say for certain that the injuries and bruises sustained by all were fare fewer and less painful than when I played in Oz. No big purple, green and blue bruises to show off in the days following sadly :P
Kimon and I indulged in the digital entertainment a little too. We kicked back to a few episodes of 24(22 episodes to be precise), gnawed away at C.O.D. ,UO and finally COD2 and enjoyed some of they greatest music from Pink Floyd and numerous other favourites.
I made good use of the fact that Kimon's delightful KEF Reference speakers, NAD surround amp and 17" Apple laptop were in my room. Pink Floyd's "The Division Bell" album came alive, movies sucked me in like never before and games blew me away. If any of my friends remember the LANs at which I play COD with my Logitech sound system turned up...think bigger...think louder...think better :)
Sveva was much better tempered this time. I think the mood of the parents really rubs off on kids! She was a really brat last time for much of our time together. However this time we had a great time. She was so happy to see me and we had some really nice time together. Ironically this was while some of the most boring things where happening(e.g. driving in the car, waiting for the two parent shoppers to do their thing in a big department store and while walking to school).
Although only 5 days, it was worth every bit of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment