Fran is a really nice guy entering middle age who is a wonderfully skilled Flamenco guitarist, a business man and a hobby farmer. He loves to work on the couple of hectares he has near Totana, whether it be restoring the old farm house, looking after the old Almond trees or growing veggies.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well for those who don't know good old "Cyclopes" , John is an ozy of the same era as my mother who worked with us on building our house and our barn. Those are the years when Kimon got to know John. He is a work-a-holic and can put his name to more buildings on this earth than anyone I know. Consequently he has a toe in many pies, so to speak. A couple of years back he "abandoned" Oz for the Spanish women and he has never looked back. I got to know him as a really young tacker, me being the young tacker that is :p, on the building site and later on the barn project. He is responsible for one of the best childhood sayings I had, "snicksta-basket", which was a wonderful inability to reproduce John's "sneaky bastard" expression. Which would always be directed at the apprentice, Kimon :p
He teaches Permaculture in Spain and has not lost his love for the Spanish women despite more than eight years among them. He is a real character and has a whole stash of great anecdotes to keep everyone going, interested and amused. A wonderful ol bastard on the whole :p
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vici is a Spanish Girl who grew up relatively close to Totana. Incredible, she stayed with Dan Palmer and household in Melbourne for over 5 months recently and I never met her and yet here I am on the other side of the world and accidentally we run into each other. She is in her late twenties and has had a fair taste of alternative life and Permacutlure. She speaks good English, and of course perfect Spanish. She is a good Spanish teacher, a wonderfully friendly and kind person and she has a great practical "getting the hands dirty" side. A delightfully light hearted and lovely person to be around.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mira is a German girl who had an upbringing similar to mine in many ways. In her mid twenties, she loves painting, drawing and has a strong connection to Spain and the alternative scene there. She has a great knowledge of plants, especially those of Spanish origin. Mira's personality is very energetic, rather intense and, for some, a little too much. However I got along well with her and found a good friend, although some of us at the farm did not.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ola is a travel hardened girl, also in her mid twenties, who left the Ukraine on her own in her early teens for Israel where she has lived until recently. She has seen and done many things, giving her an interesting outlook on life that I got a small look into during our time together at Fran's. A much darker personality and outlook that Vici, and in someways a more realistic and down-to-earth view but a little depressing sometimes when compared to Vici's wonderful light hearted nature.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marie, the Swedish Engineer in her early twenties from Stockholm, was quite a "dark horse" until very late in the peace. Her personality is a lot quieter and more closed than the rest of us. She has a deep interest in Yoga and is studying engineering when not travelling. Interestingly I got to know her much better than Ola which I could not have predicted at the outset considering her closed nature initially.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bloom, the male that made the ratio good again, who could forget the ol boy. So much character. Always at the door, your best friend on walks and that unforgetable old mans limp from a bung hip. What a wonderful fellow.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me, who the hell am I? I am sure every one of my friends and family would have a markedly different response to that question. It would be a very interesting exercise. Maybe one day.
I seem to be having the problem that many photographers do, there are very few pictures of me.
No comments:
Post a Comment